Friday, September 17, 2010

You look familiar

What's In Your Book of Grace? Here's what's in mine:
a CIT (creature in trouble), or perhaps, whether female or male, a DID (damsel in distress) was in my bedroom this morning
at 545 when i was sitting in bed blissfully writing. Seeing the waterbug, which is what it was (and still is, i think)
i did not scream. It was running from the lamp lit room into the darkness of the closet.
"if you run into the dark, you will die there," i said.
I doubt if it heard me, over the sound of its fear. or its feet. those long legs it has, with the pointy hairs.
"come out into the light and I'll help you out," i said.
but i don't speak waterbug.
I kept writing and, me, being afraid of the bug kept both eyes on the closet should it come towards me
i was writing and not looking at the page. hmm.
I went into the living room, "come in here and I'll help you out," i said
moments later, there it came. Like a pet. my pet waterbug.
I put a drinking glass over it. slipped a piece of paper underneath.
"you look familiar," i said
"You've never seen me in your life," s/he said.
"You look familiar," I said
"Are you saying that all us waterbugs look alike?" s/he said
(we were speaking, conversing. the whole thing was kind of miraculous at this point)
I walked towards to the window. Inside the glass, my pet bug was gently going bananas.
"You look familiar," I said.
"How can that be?" the bug whimpered.
I removed the slip of paper and shook the glass.
"I'm only looking at your heart," i said.
Kindly my pet waterbug did not crawl backwards on to my hand, but bravely
flew away.
Right on & Pass it on
oxox
SLP

1 comment:

  1. That is a wonderful event! You are a brave woman. I'm can't get to squishing them, but I'm not ready to catch one and set it free. I've accepted that they are beetles (who I like), so I'm getting better. Maybe she/he and I will have a meaningful telepathy one day.

    Sometimes I wish that all creatures could speak our language openly. But then we'd probably just get cussed out all the time, lol.

    ReplyDelete