Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What's In Your Book of Grace? Here's what's in mine:

27 April 2010: A friend emailed me yesterday. Mr. Lyle Brennen. He is fabulous and teaches Physics. Years ago, in high school he was my favorite teacher. He had, and still has, a way of brilliantly communicating aspects of the seen-but-unseen world. He moves you to love physics. He moves you to want to be a physicist. I can still hear his voice in my head. He made a mark. A good mark. Mr. Brennen tells me he's retiring soon. Who will take his place? No one. No one can take his place, although, of course, they'll hire someone to teach his class. Also, his excellence makes me wonder about teachers these days. And about the state of (mostly public) education. From what I read, the public education system is not in a great place. Well. I know, from the teachers I talk with, (when I go on school visits) that the majority of them are highly competent. And I also I know that they all need our support. Cause it's our kids they're teaching, after all. Another thing: send out a shout to a teacher from your past. And thank them. Yep.

What else is in my book of grace today? The store had 2-for-one toothpaste.

Sometimes it's the little things.

Right On and Pass it on.
xoxox
SLP

No comments:

Post a Comment